Spreading Holiday Joy | Teen Ink

Spreading Holiday Joy

December 5, 2014
By Michaela99 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Michaela99 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."


“Spreading Holiday Joy,” written by Madison H., was a very well-written story.  It’s a very hard-hitting story about how a glimmer of hope can really turn someone’s world upside down.  Her article is very relatable for many people.  It talks about how a family couldn’t afford Christmas presents.  Everyone was very depressed and robotic except for her younger brother.  They hope and spirit that her brother had helped everyone see things differently.  I loved how that one Christmas morning changed Madison’s world for the better.  That one teacher strived to help Madison’s family feel loved at Christmas time.  After that Madison went on to help people that were in her very same situation.  She shows how even though you don’t have everything you hoped for in life, you can make those things happen for other people.  Madison did a great job showing that others do care about you.  All you have to do is open your eyes to new ideas.