Drown but Not Die | Teen Ink

Drown but Not Die

By quaysong BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York
quaysong BRONZE, Valley Stream, New York

“Drown but Not Die” by Delaney Kranz is an interesting and open eye piece. The author talks about a person from her school who drown but then died in a hospital. She wonders why his social network is buzzing and alive but he, himself is dead. She starts to think if someone whose dead social network is alive then a real person whose alive. The way she described every little detail, you were able to understand how she felt about it.
            One thing I liked about the author’s strategy was her repetition. She kept repeating the phrase, “drown but not” in different forms. It made the piece effective and meaningful. I was able to the piece because it reminded me of a similar event that happened in my school. Last school year, a 7th grader from my school got hit by a motorcycle and was rushed to the hospital. He had died in the hospital. Even though he was dead, his social network was alive. Everyone was writing about him and saying RIP. This piece is very intruding and you are able to learn things from it.