Proud to be an American | Teen Ink

Proud to be an American

November 7, 2014
By 5ryczek BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5ryczek BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Football is the face of America. Americans have accepted it as a tradition. Many people play it in their free time, or watch others play.  It can unite strangers just by having the same favorite team. 


The pride of your favorite team overtaking your friend's favorite team is what makes me proud to be an American.  The competitive spirit is what it means to be an American. Most of the time favorite teams are passed down through parents.


The 100 yards on the football field are similar to the 100 years of life.  Each year brings new challenges.  There are 11 people trying to stop the other team from getting the extra yard, but the competitive American spirit keeps each team going.


I have watched football my entire life. I remember the Green Bay Packers playing the Giants in the Super Bowl in 2012. I remember the joy in the room as the Packers became the Champions.  When we went out for a celebratory dinner it wasn’t hard to tell who was a Giants fan.


Being an American is a powerful feeling. From freedom to traditions we are all different, but similar at the same time.