The legalization of marijuana | Teen Ink

The legalization of marijuana

By kelleykaylam BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia
kelleykaylam BRONZE, Fredericksburg, Virginia

When teens are adults the should support the legalization of marijuana. Marijuana has many health benefits.Health benefits include help with anxiety, depression and pain. Marijuana also is way better than some of the things that have been legalized in the United States for a very long time. Things like cigarettes and alcohol are way worse and cause more deaths to Americans. So once teens become adults they should support the legalization of marijuana.

Once teens are adults they should support the legalization of marijuana. Alcohol and cigarettes have caused much more pain that marijuana. Cigarettes have caused around 440,000 deaths each year in the United States. When weed has not directly killed anyone, you cannot overdose from the use of marijuana easily. According to an article titled  “alcohol use and your health” “Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost each year in the United states from 2006-2010.” If more people were smoking pot and not drinking less would die of alcohol poisoning.

The generation before us thinks maybe we will all just get addicted to more drugs however marijuana has extreme health benefits. People in serious mental or physical pain use marijuana has extreme health benefits. People in serious mental or physical pain use marijuana to heal. There are two medical ingredients in weed cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).drugabuse says THC makes you hungrier and lessen your nausea. THC may also make pain, inflammation, and muscle control problems go down and easier to maintain. Making these problems easier to keep up with could help many peoples lives.

When teenagers are adults, they should support the legalization of marijuana. Yes, there could be problems with the legalization of any drug; however, It could help a lot of people. So when you think about the legalization of marijuana think about the health benefits. When thinking about it, think about how much better it is than some of the things that are already legalized in America. Teenagers should be thinking about the legalization of marijuana in America now and how they can make it happen in the future.