Freedom of Speech | Teen Ink

Freedom of Speech

November 13, 2018
By Soccerfan993 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Soccerfan993 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The United States, when that name is heard I envision a great nation prosperous and plentiful for people like you and me. For people in other countries ridden by war, violence and control, they see this country of freedom and choice. A place they can live their dreams and be anyone they want to be. The idea of speaking what you believe is common ground from citizens to foreign travelers on what the United States really means for them.


Peace, the thought of nations working together in harmony making citizens there first priority and nuclear war power non existent. To speak the truth and not be punished or pushed aside for your belief. Man or women same voice, equality for every ethnicity or religion.


Choice, the decision of what a person wants with their life. All citizens have their idea of the American Dream. The dream to be who they want to be and be able to choose their path of their life. To find the their happiness and choice of who they find happiness in. Choices that could be life changing. All this yearned for just by hearing Three simple words, ‘The United States.’


The idea of speaking what you believe is common ground for citizens to foreign citizens on what the United states really means for them.