Peer Pressure | Teen Ink

Peer Pressure

By singshopshout GOLD, Pickerington, Ohio
singshopshout GOLD, Pickerington, Ohio

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Both negative and positive, peer pressure has a big impact on boys and girls and men and women of all ages.Being in high school I think peer pressure is a big part of a teenagers life and it has a bog effect on the decisions that we make.Most people when they think about peer pressure they focus on the negative aspects of it.One negative aspects of peer pressure is a kid who wants to get good grades but doesn't study or try as hard as he could because he doesn't want to look nerdy or lame to kids who are popular and don't care much about school. However, positive peer pressure plays a big part in society today also.For example, when I don't feel like working hard and being lazy when I see one of my peers doing their best it encourages me to work hard just because someone I see another person my age who might be tired or sick , but still tries their best.When teens exert positive peer pressure on kids younger than they are it especially has a big effect.Since younger kids naturally look up to older kids or teens when we make good decisions and do the right thing like it's cool people looking up to you will think it's cool also. Peer pressure is all about how you look at it and how you deal with it.Sometimes in a situation where negative peer pressure is present you can make the decision to do the positive thing and make the person being negative and others watching feel uncomfortable and positively pressured into stopping that negative activity.Peer pressure will always exist negative and positive, but it's up to us what we will do about it.

singshopshout GOLD, Pickerington, Ohio

Thanks you so much I'm glad you see what I mean us as tenns can make an impact on peer pressure good or bad everyday God Bless;)

KLM705 BRONZE said...
KLM705 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
I wish everyone in this world thought like you. If we all thought this way, the world would be a better place because everyone one would want to please each other. So everyone would try to be the best. That could turn out good or bad.