My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

There are many heroes in my life. One hero that stands out the most to me is my dad. He is my hero because of the things that he has done for me and my family. We have had a very hard past ten years and he has done everything to make it easy for my sister, my mother and I. He is the strongest man I know and he puts everyone before himself. My dad and I have a special relationship, he is my best friend. I go to him whenever I need help and when I am upset or when I am having problems. He always gives the best advice and always knows what to do. My dad is the one who puts food on the table and he is the reason why I have a roof over my head. He does so much for my family and he doesn’t realize how much I appreciate it because I don’t ever show it, but he really is my hero.
The other hero that stands out to me is my mom. She’s also my hero because she has gone through a lot in her life and she is still a very good mother. My mom is the one I go to when I need to talk about things or if I just want to get out of the house. My mother and I always go shopping and we share similar interests. My mom knows exactly we what I’m feeling without me even having to tell her. We do have a tough time getting along and we are very hot and cold with each other but no matter what, she is my mom and my hero.
My parents are very different people but they do have some things in common. They both mean well and have very good hearts. My parents are both very caring and they are intelligent people. They try to look out for me and do what’s best for me even if I may not agree with them. My parents are my heroes and they always will be.