Genocide | Teen Ink

Genocide

January 27, 2011
By .......... BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
.......... BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dear President Barack Obama,







As Martin Luther King stated “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter most.” I feel the need to speak out about the genocide going on in Darfur.

As a father I know how much you care for your daughters, think about how many young girls, your daughters age that are raped and killed each and every day. Think about the pain it would cause you, to watch as your children are dragged from your arms to be killed. Fathers in Darfur feel that pain everyday!

We hunted down and tried all the KKK members we could find, we should also hunt down the rebel groups and try them and the Sudanese government. There are three million in camps, four million women and children displaced from their families, and two million that we know of are dead.

Some people may argue that you don’t have enough time because of trying to withdraw troops and the war, but this is important, We as a people should be aware of and help prevent the anymore people being killed or families being torn apart.

You saw Brain Steidle’s proof of the genocide in Darfur but you agreed with the United Nations, “Slap on the wrist.” For the President of Sudan. If we help Darfur end the genocide we could maybe help pay back some of are money to China via helping them keep rebels out of there oil supply, trying to destroy it.

Hatefulness is a strong thing and can spread fast, look at Hitler, once he got into power he tyed to take over the world, he may not have succeed but maybe the Sudanese government will. We need to spread love while letting him know to watch his back. We need to save these people it should be important to you if its important to your people!









Sincerely









Damion