Go and Live | Teen Ink

Go and Live

By lakattack BRONZE, Pinellas Park, Florida
lakattack BRONZE, Pinellas Park, Florida

When you think about act of peer pressure you usually think of the commonly used term that your parents probably warned you about. Most responsible parents will tell you to “stay away from friends who will pressure you into doing drugs, or drinking alcohol”.

There is a certain type of peer pressure that affects us all, but it seems to go unnoticed to parental figures. Whether you are an extrovert or an introvert, you will always be shadowed by your self-esteem. Not only do celebrities, magazines, movies, and other media put a heavy standard on our shoulders- but our fellow classmates do as well. Modern teenagers are expected to be ‘cool’.

So what really is being cool?
Is it being skinny?
Or dressing in expensive clothes?
Instead of following society, force yourself to wake up and say “I am perfect the way I am. I don’t need to pretend I’m someone else”. Make your own idea of being cool.

We are who we are, and living under the shadow of our own consciousness is a waste of our precious lives. We should be experiencing unforgettable moments with our friends, family, or by ourselves. Live like each day is your last, and don’t wait up for someone else.

Be a little selfish, and spend time doing what you love. Keep being crazy, funny, sleepy, energetic, or athletic! Go and live!

baldwin said...
"Make your idea of being cool". Love that thought. I agree with Lakattack March to your own drummer.....

ur such a swa

pook said...
Only a confident teenager can share these views, kudos to lackattack!
Hope to read more from this author in future!