Volleyball | Teen Ink

Volleyball

By Desahrai BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Desahrai BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

When I was in 7th grade, I started playing volleyball. When I went to the first practices, it was hard cause my hand kept hurting. I really didn’t know what to do, so after I kept getting help. I was getting better and I thank my coach for that. When we went to our first volleyball game, we didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into. The coach was late and we were looking for him wondering if he was even coming. We told the team don’t worry, we will do good.

So we changed and practiced before the other school came and I was doing a good job cause I was making sure the team was not in a bad mind frame. So when the other school got in, we opened the doors for them and said “hi.” We were not trying to have drama. To me, I was the capital. So I picked the first five then I made sure everyone had a turn to get in the game. They liked the way I did things. They were listening and helping, and that’s how we won the game. We were communicating with each other and everyone was happy at the end of the day. We went home feeling great. That was a good game for my team and I!!!

My peice is about communticating to each other a problem.