Locker Sizes | Teen Ink

Locker Sizes

By PeytonStahl BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
PeytonStahl BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

7th and eighth grade students are struggling to get to classes on time, find their papers, be organized, and worst of all, they are failing. Every single day of the school year, kids are not having a great time in classes, school, or with their teachers. All of the failing and losing papers can relate back to how students lockers look.

Lockers at the middle school are simply too small for kids to be able to fit all of their belongings in it along with their books and folders for seven total classes every day. To often a student will open their locker and books or folder or anything will fall out because they can’t fit everything in their. Think of it like a girl needs her space in her closet, girls need space at home for clothes and students need space for supplies at school.

What if a kid was super cold on a snowy winter day and they bring boots and a jacket. Just think about how much they have to cram in their locker. 2-3 textbooks and seven folders and notebooks at least, along with a jacket and boots, followed up with their backpack. That sounds a little crammed, and who knows if the kids wanted food or something else to store in their locker.

Kids have trouble getting all of the stuff they need for class because the lockers are too small to store all these things, and it doesn’t help that the time to get to your next class is only four minutes. The kids need to have bigger lockers.

If the locker sizes increased the kids will be able to organize different areas and designate one area to one class or organize it however they like it and whats efficient for them. Kids will no longer be late to class. They will have room to fit everything in and grab the stuff they need easily and quickly instead of having to dig around for it.

Students in the school would be much better off with larger lockers and they would have better grades and make classes on time. Better grades from the kids could also help the school in a way that we could be recognized for better learning and kids in our school will all be a bit more knowledgable.

I feel students should have larger lockers and if they did than they would learn better.