Texas | Teen Ink

Texas

By Redhotrylee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Redhotrylee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Believe you can and your halfway there" - Theodore Roosevelt

There are a lot of tornadoes in Texas. There are about 132 tornadoes that touch the ground in Texas. The people in Texas are super nice the doors are open for any women that need a job or something for all ages. If someone in a pickup truck goes by wave because they are just going to wave anyways. Texans love their ice cream they have their own favorite flavor (Shiner Bock Ice Cream) they think it is a gift from the Gods. They LOVE their boots. Pretty much everyone has a pair of boots. The people there are very nice they love to dance and sing. They have lots of animals. They actually have signs that say leave pets at home.

Why I want to live there is because me and my cousins Erich and Amber have this dream. We are going to own a ranch together and live on the same property (not in the same house). We made that decision about 3 years ago and haven’t forgotten it. Every time that we see each other we plan more and more. We are going to have lots of land and animals. Since we don’t get to spend a lot of time together we planned it. We like to spend time together but our parents don’t get along very well. So it kind of makes us mad.

It is very warm in Texas. The average temperature in the summer is 88 degrees and in the winter 56 degrees. So the weather is very nice in Texas. Which is very nice because I would like to work all year round with our animals. I would be able to spend more time outdoors, and if I have kids there will be lots of hills so we can go sledding together as a family and we will still be comfortable. It will be nice when we have to go places we don’t have to use the air conditioning we can just use the outdoors. It will also be nice for me because I hate the cold so Minnesota is probably not my strong suit.