Petty Officer Johnson | Teen Ink

Petty Officer Johnson

By Erick0824 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Erick0824 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Teachers are very important in people’s lives; they set them up for success in their future careers. Without teachers people wouldn’t be able to live up to their full academic potential. Personally, my favorite teacher is my Naval Science Instructor, Petty Officer Johnson; his full rank is Petty Officer First Class Johnson. He is my favorite teacher for many reasons. Just a few are his background in the Coast Guard / Military, his strictness, and how he interacts with students. These are just some of the reasons why he is my favorite teacher at DMA.

Petty Officer Johnson is my favorite teacher for many reasons background in the Military and the Coast Guard is a good trait for teaching for many reasons. It allows us students to show great respect for him since he is very brave for serving his country. This also allows us students to be more intrigued with the work we are learning in the class. For example, if we are learning about a subject that Petty Officer Johnson can relate to, he will tell us stories about his time served which draws in the class and makes us more interested in what we are learning. Overall, Petty Officer Johnson having a background in the Military allows for very interesting and intriguing classes because he allows students to ask any questions they have be answered and he will do the best he can to answer them.

Petty Officer Johnson’s strictness is a very important factor not only in class but for our future. His strictness shows us discipline and respect which is very important now, and will be in our futures. For example, if we go into a future job or job interview with a disrespectful attitude, we will be less likely to be hired for that job. Although, if we were kind and showed respect, we will be more likely to get along with co-workers and more likely to be hired for that job. Showing respect and being disciplined are very good skills to have, and we do thank, to Petty Officer Johnson by his strictness.

The way Petty Officer Johnson interacts with students is very helpful. If you show him respect, he will show the same to you, and if you are disrespectful or rude, he will give the proper consequences for your actions. He is also kind to us which allows students to feel comfortable and be able to ask him questions and talk to him. For example, he talks with students about what they like to do, what sports they play, and he also shares some of his interests he likes to do in his free time. This allows students to feel more comfortable in the class and most likely learn more from his lessons and lectures.

In conclusion, these are just some of the reasons why I feel Petty Officer Johnson makes a good teacher and Educator of the Year. His background in the military allows us to show respect for him. His strictness teaches us discipline and will be good to have later in life. Finally, the way he interacts with students allows them to be more interested in the lesson at hand and be

comfortable in his class. Lastly, Petty Officer Johnson is a very kind and respectful teacher. What more could I ask for