Optimism | Teen Ink

Optimism

January 24, 2020
By nashville32 BRONZE, Ausitn, Texas
nashville32 BRONZE, Ausitn, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Optimism empowers individuals to become mentally unbreakable and able to conquer any obstacle in their way to ensure success. The individual will mentally prepare themselves to tackle the pain and hardship, they are going through. Through this mindset, even in worst case scenarios, one who is optimistic is able to see the positive in all situations and able to be lifted up from the set back. Another perspective of being optimistic, is its importance and necessity in work, in any form. It is almost a near disaster to imagine a lack of optimistic attitude in an organizational set up. “The limited research on optimism shows that it boosts the performance of employees in certain kinds of jobs. One reason for these findings is through the employees never-give-up attitude. In doing so, one will not stop, even through hardship and tragedy, in achieving their goals in life. The productivity and efficiency of an organization is also primarily affected by the character, behavior and attitude of the employees. Ones uplifting mindset allows for the work space to be more inspiring and uplifting to others, which results in creating a productive workplace. In my experience as a student and athlete, I have noticed that the ones who truly lead are the ones that exemplify a positive and uplifting mindset and expand that to others. This directiveness empowers others to follow the leaders footsteps and encourages an progressive attitude towards others. For example, if the captain on the football team delivers positive reinforcement to his/her teammates, others will follow and spread positivity throughout the entire team.


The author's comments:

I am Nash and am a junior at Hyde Park High School. I hope to attend college and major in something business related.