A Writer | Teen Ink

A Writer

By CroBrianna96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina
CroBrianna96 SILVER, Greensboro, North Carolina

To free myself, to express myself, to have complete control over my thoughts and words, to be heard, to explain, to help and to entertain is why I write. A writer is everybody. Everybody and anybody can be a writer, because everybody at least has their story to tell.

To be a writer is not to publish books and make millions off of them because of fame. No, that’s not an author. To be a writer all you need is a writing utensil, paper and something to be heard. You don’t have to be great at it; you could actually suck at it, because it’s your piece.

Writing is about being a gateway to people who can’t verbally express themselves. It’s about whatever is important to you to be written. It’s about creating something visually, to be cherished and held on to. Writers never say there’s nothing to write about, you have no limits.
When you’re alone with materials to write you don’t have a prompt, just the thoughts in your head, that’s all. For me writing serves the purpose of me being able to let go and set my thoughts free of a piece of paper. It helps me capture thoughts in my head that may not last. Writing and being a writer are like soul mates, they are meant to be.

A writer is a person who has more than just simple things to say. They have a story to say and something to be told. To be a writer is to think outside of the box and bring out ideas that most people would never think to write down.

When you’re a writer you can’t be afraid you have to want to be heard. You can’t be scared to share your story. Writers have the ability to help people relate their lives and others to one another’s

A writer is somebody who can reach out to different crowds and give them something to think about. Something they can relate to. Writers are people who can take opportunities to enhance their writing skills.

Writers don’t limit themselves to one genre or writing styles. They are able to write about a different range of things with no problem. Even if a writer isn’t sure about a topic or don’t really know how to build on it, they don’t stop trying. A writer treats their piece like their baby. They nurture it, care for it, love it, praise it and cherish it forever.

A writer never gets tired of writing they love what they do. They don’t down their work or the art of writing because of minor setbacks. Writers block doesn’t stop the flow of a writer; they push through it and figure out a way to work it out.

Writers also help others see their own potential. They give others a reason to try and bring out the writer in them. Writing becomes something of value and praise to them to the point where they take interest in helping others want to pursue it as well.

Writing isn’t just writing to writers, its art. Like a master piece something that is theirs, original and unique. The special thing about writing to writers is nobody can write or duplicate your piece, it’s yours. It’s like a handprint nobody will be able to neither think nor write down the same exact thoughts that you have in your. A writer is a diligent, inspiring artist that writes instead of draws, they create everlasting memories with just a piece of paper.

My piece is my point of view on what a writer is.