United States Veteran | Teen Ink

United States Veteran

By Soccerfan993 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Soccerfan993 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear United States Veteran

Home, an idea and aspiration that most American families chase with people they care about. Comfort around ones we love, laughter and enlightenment. Relaxation, time we can take and just look up to the endless sky and dream what we will be in years to come. The United States, a beacon of hope, to be who we want to be, the ability to have a life we want. Attributes we as people take for granted when others are out fighting and protecting our rights as free people. These are things you as a veteran fought for and protected for us in the United States.  I am so grateful you were willing to serve on my behalf to insure that I am able to grow up a young man in a country protected by veterans such as yourself. Thank you for your service...And welcome home.

My name is Max and I’m a senior from a Wisconsin high school. With graduation right around the corner I have huge a choice about my next chapter in life. You as a soldier in the United States Military have given the ultimate sacrifice to insure my ability to choose my path for adulthood. I am so grateful you were willing to serve on my behalf to insure that I am able to obtain and live the best life I can living in this country.

Although I can not thank you in person, I would like to extend my deepest gratitude and thanks to you for serving our country. Doing something that is no easy task, leaving home at a young age to serve and protect the United States. For the sacrifice you have made I can not thank you enough for everything you had to endure. Welcome home.