viamins | Teen Ink

viamins

When I was around the age of five, I wanted to destroy vitamins because I hated them. So I hid them all around my house and even in some secret places to. Every morning I would wake up bright and early to put on my stylish clothes, grab my backpack, go downstairs, and eat breakfast. Every morning I had breakfast, my grandma made me sit down at the table and eat what she prepared for me. After I was finished with breakfast, the vitamins came next. There were two different kinds of vitamins I had to eat. They were shaped like gummy bears, but they did not taste like them. The first vitamin was a vitamin that I took to get vitamin C and D. The second vitamin was a vitamin I took to get calcium in my bones. The taste of the vitamins was very chalky. They tasted very disgusting. Every morning, after I was done eating my breakfast, my grandma set the vitamins nicely on the table ready for me to eat. Little did she know, when she looked away, I would hide them in a variety of places. I hid them in boxes, under furniture, in the car on our way to school, and in the trash. I hid them in any place I could possibly think of. Sometimes I would pretend that I needed to go to the bathroom and I took the vitamins with me just to throw them away. At other times, I would hide them in a cupboard. One morning, my grandma caught me throwing the vitamins in the trash. My grandma looked over at me right as I was letting go of the vitamins from my hand and she said, “what do you think you are doing?” 

“Nothing”, I said in a quiet tone.

She asked, “Are those your vitamins?”

Sadly, I said, “Yes.''

As I walked back to my seat at the kitchen table to finish eating my leftover breakfast, she decided to get more vitamins from the cupboard for me to eat. Feeling very angry about what I had done, she put another set of vitamins on the table. As I slowly put them in my mouth with a face and feeling of disgust, she carefully watched me to make sure that I ate them. As I chewed the vitamins in my mouth, I thought to myself, “I am so sick of vitamins. Why is my grandma making me eat vitamins? She knows that I hate them.” My grandma told my parents about what I had done and I got in big trouble. I was grounded for two days. I wasn’t allowed to play on the tablet, watch television, or even play with my favorite toys, which was my hotwheels cars. For the next couple of weeks, she continued to give me vitamins after breakfast, and she continued to watch me eat them every single time. This experience that I had with vitamins taught me that I had to learn how to face something I did not want to do and that I did not like. In my case, the thing I did not want to do was eat my vitamins after breakfast. No matter how much I disliked the vitamins, I still was forced to eat them. The vitamins tasted the same every single time: disgusting and chalky. No matter how hard I tried, I was not able to get out of eating them. Vitamins were the worst enemy that I have ever had to deal with. Now that I am older, I no longer have to take vitamins. When I took vitamins I thought that they were really stupid and not good for me, but I was wrong. I wish that my parents had never made me take vitamins in the first place, but I know that they were making me take vitamins to keep me healthy.  I learned that my parents were only doing what was best for me and my body, even if it meant that I had to take vitamins. 

I hated vitamins so much i would hide them all around my house.