Don't Judge | Teen Ink

Don't Judge

February 19, 2014
By Rainlynn23xx SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Rainlynn23xx SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second" -Johnny Depp


You see that blade and that quiet, shy girl in the back of the room? She picks up that blade and runs it across her skin being her wrists, thighs, ankles, shoulders, stomach, any body part you can think of.

The smiles and laughs? Oh, those are fake. "I'm okay" and "Nothing is wrong" are her biggest lies she tells. She cries herself to sleep every night, thinking why she isn't as perfect as every other girl or why she isn't as pretty. She thinks that she isn't important. She stares at her wrists and asks herself "Why me?" and thinks.

She thinks that suicide is the answer to stopping all her problems but it's not...

Why does she have those thoughts? She feels as if she has no reason to be here anymore. She gets judged by her looks, personality, for everything about her. People make jokes about self-harm and it's never okay to do that. She hides her scars because if someone sees them, they judge for because of them. Do you know what else she does besides self-harm? She tries to end her life. She picks up a knife and tries to stab herself, but she gives up and drops the knife and falls to her knees, crying.

Words and actions hurt. Be the reason those fake smiles on her face are real Be the one who makes the laughs real. Be the one who makes her feel like she has reasons why she is here, on this planet, breathing. Don't judge someone for anything if you've never been in their shoes.