Giants Offseason Prospects | Teen Ink

Giants Offseason Prospects

December 5, 2012
By Anonymous

This coming offseason the New York Giants are in need of players at some key positions. The defending Super Bowl Champions are in need of a tight-end, also a lot of offensive line positions at left tackle, left guard, right guard. And at the defensive side the G-Men are in need of linebackers, and safeties. The New York Giants have all of their draft picks this coming offseason and are looking to draft some young men with talent and potential. In the draft the Giants are looking to use their first round draft pick on D.J. Fluker, Barrett Jones, Bjoern Werner, Sean Porter and Tyler Eifert. The Giants believe that these guys can fill those key positions. “Barrett Jones is the guy they want to draft with their first round draft pick,” a source close to the team said.
D.J. Fluker out of Alabama is the New York Giants first choice if he is still on the draft board during their pick. He is an outstanding athlete who can either play left tackle or left guard. This kid can anchor the Giants offensive line for the next 10 years. The junior from Alabama, D.J. Fluker in his three year college career has recorded 93 pancakes and has blocked for 15 100 yards rushing games in his career.
The Giants second option if Fluker isn’t on the draft board would have to be Barrett Jones, but the Giants fans should hope they don’t have the chance to draft him because that means that the team has a pick within the first 15 picks. Barrett’s a talented offensive lineman. Out of Alabama, Jones can play any position on the offensive line. He’s a great all around offensive linemen and will fit excellently into the Giants offensive line system. The source also said “the whole entire organization believes that Barrett can be the guy to pull this offensive line for the next 15 years”. Barrett Jones out of Alabama has put up great stats in his college career, recording for blocking over 25 100 yard rushing games. Also he only misplayed 9 snaps out of the 587 snaps hes played in his career (98.5%).
If both of these men are drafted by the time the Giants pick is up they would most likely pick the German born, defensive end Bjoern Werner. Werner is a key defensive player at FSU. He’s a great pass rusher, and his pass-rushing moves just keep improving. He’s very strong and versatile. Werner would help this New York defense. Bjoern Werner has put up great college stats with 33 solo tackles, 24 assisted tackles, 57 total tackles, 10.5 sacks, 1 interception, 9 pass deflections, and 2 fumble recoveries in two seasons.
The Giants fourth option would have to be Sean Porter at linebacker. Last season at Texas A&M he played a rushing linebacker, but the coaching staff saw in his game a great 3-4 and 4-3 linebacker where he is now making great plays and has become a key player. He would have to put on some weight but other than that he can be a key player for the New York Giants. At the linebacker position Sean Porters career college stats are 143 solo tackles, 107 assisted tackles, 250 total tackles, 33.5 yards tackles for loss, 13.5 sacks, 1 interception, 16 yards on interception, 13 pass deflections, and 2 forced fumbles in four seasons
If all of these other men are drafted the Giants would most likely select the tight-end out of Notre Dame in Tyler Eifert. Last season he was the second leading receiver behind Michael Floyd. With Martellus Bennett’s one year contract up next year and Bear Pascoe will be a free agent at the end of the season the Giants are in need of a tight-end. At tight-end out of Notre Dame, Tyler Eifert’s career college stats are 130 receptions, 1710 yards receiving, and 11 touchdowns in three seasons.


The author's comments:
its good