Adoption | Teen Ink

Adoption

By Nathanielm1209 BRONZE, Stockton, California
Nathanielm1209 BRONZE, Stockton, California

The most important thing that has happen to me in my life is getting adopted  by aunt. Her name was Yolanda. It's important because that is a very good breakthrough in your life when your feeling loved and feeling like home. My aunt taught me alot in my life and her husband. They both treated me and my 2 other siblings with the most utmost respect. We as a family made more memories you could think of all together. BBQ’s on nice sunny breezy days , warm fires in the chimney on cold christmas nights,  rainy days stay in and watch tv or sum movies and stuff like that. I could never replace the memories I had with them .

She was my mentor and my mom and I can't see her anymore because she passed away in the summer of 2015 going on to 8th grade. It has almost been 4 years she has passed but not a day goes by we don't think about her. She has taught me alot when I had to grow up . She taught me how to tie my shoes, clean , eat right, Write my name and all that . I was a hard headed kid and she always knew what to do to make me listen and not get out of hand . I remember there were days where she was happy and there were days when she was mad. On her happy days she would go out and buy lots of food and and snacks and stuff and on her mad days she would still buy groceries and stuff but she wouldn't buy no snacks like chips and stuff because we didn't need cavities and stuff on our teeth. Many days we would just all be at home chilling playing video games and stuff like that and all just bonding and getting along over some quality time.

In the summer of 2015 my aunt passed away leaving all of us behind. It was hard for us to keep going because the loss of her was a lot to bare in. She was really important to our family and nothing was ever the same. I would say she this was the most important thing that happen to me too because it taught me to grow up fast and how to fend for myself when no one can come cook for me and stuff because some days there would be no cooking we'd have to make sandwiches,top ramen, frozen pizzas, many other frozen foods to eat. I learned how to cook from my aunt she used to make the best food in  the world when she was cooking on the stove. My favorite food she made was enchiladas and she taught me how to make everything. That's where I get all my cooking from.

Another reason why this was so important to me because growing up and thinking about the past now as im more older and on a different mindset this moment is the most important moment to me. I wish I could thank her one last time for being my parent and being the mother figure in my life I needed because without that I would not have become the person I am today. She has shaped me into becoming the man I am today because all the things and all her ways we still go by because once you're in the habit of something it doesn't go away fast it hardly ever goes away when your already grown. I just would like to thank her for giving me this opportunity at a better life then my real parents couldnt give me.

I will remember everything most valuable closest to my heart when it comes to the most important thing to me. I would like to say this is the most important thing that has ever happen to me ever in my life. With a big family like ours everything together we did was fun and always a blast with all the family all together. I remember there were moments where no one would get along then after like 30 seconds of drinking and associating with everyone they all start to communicate with each other more and eventually getting along again my family is weird like that but its okay its my family and i'm going to always embrace my family. I have lived with these people most of my life and I will never forget who raised me even if I get famous or I get poor I will forever remember these moments because you will never get another shot at life and make more great moments with people.

Yolanda M. is her name and she was still young when she passed away but she was still a good woman and you know what they say “ god takes the best” . Her husband, Alex, passed away a few years before because he was very old in age he was 92 when he passed away in the hospital. Everyone couldn't get over the death of them two but we all manage to cope with everything. After they passed everything has gotten a little rougher bills were kinda harder pay, jobs were harder to get , no extra money coming in , and no lights sometimes . everything was kinda hard after they passed but it's okay we manages to get on our feet and do over again.

In conclusion this is the most important thing that has ever happen to me because thinking about this makes me happy and all. Something that is important to you will stay with you forever and something that is just in the moment with be with u for short time. I realized not everything is important in life but those who are here to teach you life lessons and to raise u to be a great person are people and things to make important in your life. People are not here forever but memories are and having memories about my aunt and uncle are more important to me than anything in the world. They really made me the person i am today thank you guys for everything you guys have guided me through and watched me accomplish on my own I appreciated everything they did for me. This is why this is the most important thing that has happen to me.