Why Is Dystopian Literature Experiencing a Rise in Popularity Today? | Teen Ink

Why Is Dystopian Literature Experiencing a Rise in Popularity Today?

January 25, 2019
By zhayden57 BRONZE, Hebron, Indiana
zhayden57 BRONZE, Hebron, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you wished you lived in a dystopian world? In a dystopian world everything is perfect. With everything being perfect everyone in the society you half to be equal to everyone else so that everything is perfect. Now here is a few dystopian stories that show different things on how there world is perfect in their society.


In the dystopian story “ The Veldt” shows how Nobody’s perfect in the society. The kids killed their parents by letting the lions eat their parents when there parents went into the nursery. A few ways that  “The Veldt” shows how nobody is perfect by, “That sounds terrible! Would I have to tie my own shoes instead of letting the machine do it? And brush my own teeth and comb my hair and give myself a bath?” That shows how nobody is perfect by living as machines do all the work...no human work. Another reason that shows how no one is perfect by, “One of the original uses of these rooms was so that we could study the patterns left on the walls by the child’s mind. We could study them whenever we wanted to, and help the child. In this case, however, the room has become a means of creating destructive thoughts, instead of helping to make them go away.” It shows how they are not perfect by They (psychologists) can see what the kids are thinking and study their minds. That shows how in the society nobody is perfect.

 

The dystopian story “Harrison Bergeron” shows how the world is not a perfect place by forcing equality through amendments that create handicaps enforced by the government. In the pieces of the story i’m about to show you shows how the world is not a perfect place, The first piece is, All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution. This shows it is not a perfect place by, Due to these amendments they are not free to be themselves . Another piece of evindece from the story is, "There you are," said George. The minute people start cheating on laws, what do you think happens to society?" This shows how the world is not perfect by, This shows this because once someone takes off their uniform the dystopia is not equal. That shows how the world can’t be perfect in a dystopian world.

 


In the dystopian story “ ten with a flag” it shows how no one is perfect because the baby is a 10 but his parents aren’t a 10 so that is why the baby has a flag and and shows how no one is perfect. This will show how the nobody is perfect in a few different ways, first, “The important thing to remember is that you baby rated a 10 your child will be an asset to the nation” This shows how no one is perfect because since their baby is a 10 it will be an asset to the world  and it won’t be able to stay with the family and be how it was when it was born. Another reason it shows how nobody is perfect because it, “Ive just one question though the flag? How can there be a flag with a rating of ten”. This shows how no one is perfect because even if you have the best rating you are still going to have something that won’t make you perfect. That is how nobody is perfect in the dystopian story “ Ten With A Flag”.


The stories are all dystopian stories that each show different traits on how the dystopias all different and what makes all of them different. That is how life is like in a dystopian society.