Platform 8 | Teen Ink

Platform 8

By avinamathias BRONZE, Whippany, New Jersey
avinamathias BRONZE, Whippany, New Jersey

I would be the co-founder of Platform 8, a company that brings affordable styling options right to your fingertips. There are two fundamental issues that Platform 8 solves. The first is a common problem when shopping online or at the mall; it is difficult to find matching pieces of clothing from different stores to put together a coordinated outfit that fits a person’s style. Platform 8 allows people to access hundreds of products across several large retailers which makes it simple to compare apparel and match it to other pieces. Our service comes in a convenient app where people can style on the go and share their outfit pairings with friends.

Virtual styling companies, such as Shoplook.io, have similar models, however they have two prevalent issues: their products are excessively priced and they lack relations with trusted retailers. Platform 8 addresses these setbacks by employing major retailers such as Hollister.co and American Eagle Outfitters who set the standard for quality and customer service. Platform 8, unlike other virtual styling companies, brings all the top brands you enjoy in one cohesive platform at a price you’re willing to pay. Most virtual styling platforms do not include shopping from multiple brand name retailers, however Platform 8 allows you to shop from six major retailers in one refined platform so you can buy what’s fresh on the market, similar to an online mall. Platform 8 provides consumers a platform to create, pair, and share outfits in the convenience of an app.

I was inspired to write this piece because I came across the problem that my service solves. I was looking for a shirt to match pants I purchased at a different store, but I found it difficult to find the right color. I have also used virtual styling companies, which claim to solve that problem, but they link their products to unknown websites that I wouldn’t want to put my personal information in and some products that I came across were way too pricey. I hope my service will help teens my age connect over fashion and share their creativity in a safe environment.