Intention | Teen Ink

Intention

November 10, 2020
By 2067188 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
2067188 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Jim Carrey states "There is not one thing that has ever been accomplished without intention". I think that this statement means a lot about the word intention itself. When you look behind the word intention, you find a person's intentions in life. Intention: a thing intended; an aim or plan, An intention is purposeful. But sometimes, intentions might not seem purposeful. When people say "It was not my intenntion to do that", it was accidental. Everyone has intentions in life whether people like it or not. And people assume that your intentions were for the wrong reason, but at the end of the day, we're all human and we mess up. We all have different dreams, and those dreams lead to different intention. So honestly, if people percieve you differently, your intentions don't matter anymore. Don't worry about THEIR intentions, just worry about your own. That's simply it. If there were no intentions, there would be no meaning. 


The author's comments:

This piece comes from my heart. I think it is a good analysis of Jim Carrey's quote that everything you do is done with intention. And if there were no intentions, there would be no meaning, and no passion in life.