Optimism vs. Pessimism | Teen Ink

Optimism vs. Pessimism

January 28, 2021
By Augiewendt BRONZE, Round Rock, Texas
Augiewendt BRONZE, Round Rock, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Optimism is one of the only free things in life that can take you wherever you want to go. Some say hard work and dedication are the only things that accomplish goals, but they are truly nothing without a positive attitude. 

    Most people these days complain about boring long days that seem to blend together to create a melancholy life. People are stuck in their daily routines. These routines can become much more enjoyable by infusing your mind with an optimistic attitude. You will find yourself eager to accomplish tasks and excited to jump out of your comfort zone. 

    Pessimism, the opposite of optimism, has an equal and opposite effect on us. A pessimistic attitude can make you despise your daily life and never try anything new. 

    If everyone adopted an optimistic mindset, our communities would begin to work together and thrive. Imagine what the world would be like if instead of only trying to get ahead for yourself, you focused on building others up. The world would be a much more pleasant place for us all.

    Optimism is a powerful tool that is not in enough people's toolbox. It costs absolutely nothing, yet it is seldom found anywhere. It is time to start looking for the good in each other, with the power of optimism. 

 


Works Cited:

“How Optimism Affects Happiness.” Love Equals,         loveequals.net/blogs/sports/how-optimism-affects-happiness.


The author's comments:

I am a junior at Hyde Park High School in Austin, Texas. I play football and basketball and enjoy playing the piano.