Name Essay | Teen Ink

Name Essay

My name in English means crooked nose or crooked river. It means a lush calm clearing in the forest. It means the warm golden sunlight peeking through the pine trees, hitting the forest floor. 

It is like the number 13. A reliable and solid number. It is a sunny Saturday morning. Long walks in Nashotah with my dad and my dog, Chewie, on a mid-summer day. My name is driving really early in the morning watching the orange sunrise.

When my birth parents gave me my name they decided on Cameron. In English, the name Cameron means crooked nose. When I was born my nose was crooked. My parents agreed. They thought it fit me well.

When I think of my name I think of a forest. A clearing where you can enjoy the thick rays of sunlight that peer through the trees. A calming environment where you can hear the birds chirping and feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. A day in the middle of June without school or anything to make you stressed. 

My name is the birds chirping on a Saturday morning when you wake up.  When you can hear faint music and your parents talking while they cook breakfast.

My name is me. I do have a slightly crooked nose, I enjoy walks in the park and early Saturday mornings. I like to drive in the morning and watch the sunrise. I love the thought of a forest clearing with the sun pouring onto you and being able to just sit there and soak up the sunlight. I think I’ll keep my name.

This piece is about my name.