Why vegan and vegetarian diets are bad in many ways | Teen Ink

Why vegan and vegetarian diets are bad in many ways

May 2, 2022
By Gracef723 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Gracef723 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What do you think of when you hear the words vegan or vegetarian? Salads and fit or skinny, often come to mind. What most people don't understand is that people don’t eat salads for the rest of their life. They don’t understand that the processed veggie burger isn’t much better than a real burger because it's so processed in a lab. When you hear ‘Impossible Whopper’ or the french toast sticks from Burger King, Bean ‘Crunchwrap’ from Taco Bell, or even a Dominos thin-crust pizza. Do you think of those as healthy options that can make you more healthy and potentially lose weight? This is what non-vegans or vegetarians don’t understand; these foods aren’t going to make you seem skinnier. Most people when they start these diets give up because they aren’t seeing results, “Why I am no longer vegan” by the peasants' daughter is the story of one woman's experience with being a vegan and why she stopped. She wrote over 10,000 words on how strong she felt about it and how it wrecked her health. She wrote about how she remembers seeing other women on social media that are also vegans or vegetarians and remembers how she wished she looked like them. “Failure is the only possible outcome of that deficient diet,” she said. Vegan and vegetarianism are often seen as very healthy and clean lifestyles. Which is some cases they are, but only if the person can keep it under control. The people that have started these lifestyles because they're trying to impact the world don't usually have these problems (but still can). It's mostly the people who start diets for self-image issues. The peasant's daughter isn't the only person in the world that experienced these issues. 84% of people with these diets went back to eating meat and other animal products because it affected their health mentally and physically to a great extent. These are my reasons why vegan and vegetarian diets aren’t the best choices.