Students getting money | Teen Ink

Students getting money

Setting up a system where students can get paid for their good grades can be very beneficial. The higher the grades the greater the income. The lower the grade they will receive a pay cut.

As a student I’ve heard countless times that highschool’s purpose is to prepare you for the real world. What better way is there to prepare students for the real world than paying them for their grades? In the work field you get paid for the work you do and how well you do it, if students are in school a majority of their day, they are working constantly and they are producing sufficient work, they should get paid for it. The better work/effort you provide you are more likely to get promoted so students should also improve their work for a higher income.

Almost all teachers have had that one kid in their class who had a plethora of potential but just lacked all the motivation. The possibility of getting paid for good grades gives them the motivation to do well so they can achieve an higher income. Like mentioned before, the higher the grades the greater the income ; this gives mediocore students motivation as well and they will soon improve their grades as well.

This program will also be beneficial to students with good grades already. A portion of students that have good grades may not have the funds to attend college. This system will give them the opportunity to save that money and put it towards college. Providing students with a greater chance of getting into college is greater than giving them an education and leaving them to struggle after highschool. The cure for cancer can be trapped in a mind of someone who is unable to afford college so why not give them the opportunity to attend college.

Overall, students deserve to earn an income for their hard work and labor.
Being rewarded for their hard work also teaches them that if they work hard in the work field they will be rewarded but being promoted. This is the most logical and beneficial way to prepare students ofr the real world. This system should strongly be considered and put in to action.