Self Harm | Teen Ink

Self Harm

By Rainlynn23xx SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Rainlynn23xx SILVER, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second" -Johnny Depp

I know that more than 50 percent of the teenagers in this world harm themselves for so many reasons. Well, I'm part of that 50 to 65 percent of teenagers who hurt themselves. Self harm is not just cutting, it can be anything; starving yourself, flicking yourself with a rubber band anything to hurt yourself. I know self harm is a lot of pain because I've been doing it for 3 years. To some people the pain take their pain away and makes them feel better, the others there's other reasons. Self harm isn't always the answer if you're going through a lot. Other ways to help you take walks, listen to music, lay in bed, ignore people and ignore the world. Some people feel upset because of their scares but you shouldn't, your scars are beautiful as you, yourself is. Remember these few quotes; "Every scar makes me who I am", "With or without scars, you're beautiful" and there is more and more and more, just look them up. Just wish and remember someday someone will look you in the eyes and say "You're beautiful in every way you're perfect to me" and kiss each one of your scars. "Nobody cares unless you're pretty, popular, or dead". Never keep this in your mind because I sure know I do care no matter what. Sure I'm a stranger, but I love you and I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. Please, please don't harm yourself.

I hope people will understand that self harm isn't always the answer to taking away pain.