Nightmare Before Christmas Review | Teen Ink

Nightmare Before Christmas Review

By MissGoff BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
MissGoff BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

You only are who you make yourself. Don't try to be other people, make a name for yourself.

The Nightmare before Christmas by Tim Burton is one of the creepiest romantic and adventurous movie. Sally Stiches and Jack Skellington are the two main characters who are supposed to fall in love. At the beginning of the movie, Jack is to please everybody except himself until all of that changes when he goes for the walk in the woods and discovers Christmas Town. Sally does everything in her power to help Jack and to warn him about his soon to be misfortune; however, he doesn’t listen to her at all and ends up crashing and ruining his plans. Afterwards, Jack finally realizes his love and admiration for Sally and confesses his love for her as she does the same.

I strongly believe that people should take care of those who they admire and trust. Jack trusted Sally, so others should trust others. This world is full of trickery and misfortune, but we can change that one moment at a time. Ayersville has many problems due to girl’s drama, sports, and other such details. I trust my best friends sometimes more than my own parents and sometimes we need to put more trust into them than what we believe. Sally said, “My dearest friend if you don’t mind, I’d like to be there by your side.”