The Bomb | Teen Ink

The Bomb

By Tara Osbourne BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Tara Osbourne BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Teen Ink,

Teen Ink is the bomb-diggity. I love your openness to diversity, when it comes to accepting teenage writings. One thing I would change is to include the writer's age in at the top, along with the writing.
Teen Ink needs to state the age of the teen writing, I say this because you can’t tell what age perspective the writing is coming from unless the age is stated. In very few of the writings the age is stated. “The Perks Of Being A Barista” by Renee Hughes, is one of the very few writings that states her age. The age isn’t stated unless someone like Renee Hughes states it in their own personal writing. 12 out of the 12 people I surveyed in my English class thought the age of the teen writing the story should be added. Having the age included in the writing helps out the reader, and makes it easier to relate to. Therefore I think if the writer is comfortable with sharing their age, it would be a great idea.
Although Teen Ink is the bomb-diggity, I think this improvement should be made. This will help teens figure out the perspective it is coming from. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope this addition will be made for Teen Ink.

Sincerely,
Tara O