Hand In Hand | Teen Ink

Hand In Hand

February 14, 2014
By MaggiePrendergast BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
MaggiePrendergast BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."


Dear Teen Ink,



First, I will want to congratulate you on having such an awesome magazine that so many teens can relate to, because I know I can. I love looking at different perspectives from various teens all around the world, and feeling their pain, joy, and all of the feelings mixed together in one magazine. There is only one thing I think would make a great addition to Teen Ink, and help your magazine reach out to teens all around the world.

When reading your magazine, my favorite part to browse is the true stories of teens my age. After reading many of the articles, I realized that many teens are struggling with situations with their family, schoolmates, and friends. I started to think how most teens out there need someone to turn to, and thats when I first got my idea. Teen Ink should have an advice column, where all teens could write letters to seek help. I think Teen Ink could give great advice, and give a hand to boys and girls out there who do not have stable lives, as Libby Sellers said, in her story, “Four Chairs Down”, written in the “25 Years” magazine. Anne Hathaway, a successful actress, said, “Loneliness is my least favorite part about life. The thing I am most worried about is just being alone without someone to care for or someone to care for me.” Almost every teen out in the world could use someone to be there for them, and the Teen Ink magazine could be one of them.

I really do hope you will consider my idea. I believe it will create a great haven for teens to turn to when their world seems to be crashing down. Not only will it improve the quality of the magazine, but give readers a perspective on real situations other fellow teens are facing. Thank you for reading and hopefully keeping the thought in mind.


A Fan of Yours,


Maggie