Quotes | Teen Ink

Quotes

February 14, 2014
By angie_11355 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
angie_11355 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Dear Teen Ink,


Your magazines are amazing! The nonfiction articles are my favorite to read and the ones about bullying experiences are the most inspiring. I love how Teen Ink gives teens a chance to write their stories for other teens all around the world to read and relate to, rather than have adults write by trying to recall their memories.

I am the kind of person that enjoys reading text that is full of meaning. Plenty of articles have great examples of that, but sometimes readers might just want a few simple sentences that expresses the same amount of emotion compared to a three paragraph long article. I think Teen Ink should include a section for quotes written by teens for teens in the magazines because many of the articles in the magazines are long and sometimes hard to understand while quotes would be a shorter yet equally deep and thoughtful way to express those same morals. Former prime minister of UK, Winston Churchill, said, “Short words are best and the old words when short are best of all.” What Churchill means is that words mean the most when used simply. Those who have a tight schedule may not have time to sit down and read a whole article, so quotes might be the source they go to for relaxation, to clear their mind, or just for fun. Quotes are also a great way to start the day, something that you can keep in your mind to motivate yourself.

I think a quotes section is something that will make Teen Ink even better than it already is. I know I will definitely read more of your magazines.