A Day Without a Phone | Teen Ink

A Day Without a Phone

October 31, 2014
By Francisco Gutierrez BRONZE, Pacoima, California
Francisco Gutierrez BRONZE, Pacoima, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

On a regular Saturday morning I gave my brother my phone. Allure was a weird experience because I wasn't sure what to do for the whole day without my phone, but that’s when I started thinking hard.


First of all, lure all started at 12:00 p.m. I needed to find a way to contact my friends but I didn't know how. I was really bored at my house certainly I decided to walk to my friend’s house to check if he could go to the park. When I arrived to his house I wanted to text him to come outside but I didn't have my phone. I went inside his house and asked him and he was free for the day. We headed out and left his house and walked to the park. Since I didn't have my phone I couldn't contact any of my friends. While we were walking he actually contact other friends remarkably we could play all together. When we got to the park it was already 3:10. When we saw our friends all together we decided to ask random people if we could play 4 vs 4. When I changed I wanted to check if anyone attacked my on Clash of Clans but I couldn't. Then they were cool with it and we all started playing together for more than 3 hours. We either win or tie but mostly we won.


As soon as we got tired me and my friend Jacob walk to the closest restaurant to eat something. We got to Mickey D’s around 7 p.m. When we finish eating we started walking back home. It was a long walk because we walk more than 30 minutes all the way home without my phone. When we got to his house I left him and kept on walking home by myself. As soon as I got to my house I lie down in my bed and relax for a while because I was really tired. My mom got mad because I got home all late. It was around 8 something. But since I didn't had my phone I still had fun without it because I actually got a whole day without using it. At first, I thought that I wouldon’t last a couple of minutes without it. Sadly lure was hard in the morning but again since I left my house and actually experience how life is without my cellphone.


At the end, one day without my cellphone actually went pretty well. Next time I should literally stop using my phone and enjoy the real live. It actually teaches my lesson because I know my phone will not always be there and my friends will probably last me more. One day or another I will stop using phones and actually focus on what's more important. For example, actually having a life and not being in the phone for the whole day and actually study for something you want to do for the future.