Racism | Teen Ink

Racism

By Cotty_1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Cotty_1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Work hard, Play hard"

Why do we discriminate people with different skin? It is really sad if you have different skin people will stereotype you, and also will make fun of you because you are different. In this essay I will be explaining why racism is a problem. Also I will be explaining solutions to help fix it or have less of it.

How can you make fun of someone just because they have different skin? That is just isn't right. One way I see people stereotyping people with different skin is, people stereotype African Americans in sports saying that they all can run fast and jump high.

Logically most people were taught not to judge people with different skin. People can judge other people with different skin really easy. One way people judge people with different skin is if you hear that a African American robbed a bank and killed someone, people will assume that most people most African Americans are like that.

Even though people judge and stereotyping people with different skin almost everyday, there is many solutions to stop it or slow it down. One solution to stop racism in your community, is to join or start organizations dealing with issues of racism and human rights.

In conclusion more and more people are not being racist about people with different skin. Just remember you should always treat people the way they wanted to be treated, and everyone should be treated with respect.

Works Cited

Bullard, Sara. Teaching Tolerance: Raising Open-minded, Empathetic n

Children. New York: Doubleday, 1996. Print.

"Do Something | Largest Organization for Teens and Social Cause." Do
Something. N.p., 04 Feb. 2013. Web. 08 Feb. 2013.

"Home." - Race, Racism and the Law. N.p., 04 Feb. 2013. Web. 08 Feb.
2013.

"Racial Prejudice." AllAboutPopularIssues.org. N.p., 04 Feb. 2013. Web. 08
Feb. 2013.