Racism | Teen Ink

Racism

February 11, 2013
By Jake.Drisc23 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Jake.Drisc23 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dream Big, Work Hard"


Judged everyday, maybe beaten just because of who you are. Intolerance is unacceptable. Just because you heard about one black person killed someone or one white person robbed a bank doesn't mean that they are all like that. Everyone needs to learn that people are not always bad and we need t accept everyone not just people that are the same race as us.

You may think you are complimenting them when you say all blacks are fast and can jump high, yes it may make them feel somewhat good or better, but if you are not very athletic or play sports it could make you feel bad. Anytime you stereotype it will probably make someone sad. How about all Mexicans are illegal or they all are drug cartels.

Why would we put someone through another day of discrimination, bias, and stereotype? I think that we should live in a world where none of this happens. Not everyone is the same, you don't hear a lot about what this Mexican did good or how this white and black man saved these people from this or that, granite it doesn't happen a lot but when you hear something bad then you assume everyone is like that, but every is not like that. Do not assume before you know all the facts.

You can help, all you have to do is stop making rumors, stop making fun of that one kid. What if that was you, just think about it, made fun of for something you can't change, something you can not change because of how you were born. Stop the rumors and don't create new ones.

All in all we should stop discrimination, bias, and stereotype is bad. We, the world should stop all of it no one deserves to go through that. Just imagine if you were that person who always gets made fun of for how you were born, if you are that person you know what it is like to be mentally and possibly physically hurt so start to make a change and people will follow you and help someone through a tough time. Be their friend, stop being racist.

Works Cited
"Do Something | Largest Organization for Teens and Social Cause." Do Something. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2013.

"Facts About Race/Color Discrimination." Facts About Race/Color Discrimination. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2013.

"Positive Steps Against Racial Discrimination." UN News Center. UN, n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2013.

"Teaching Tolerance." Teaching Tolerance n.d.: n. pag. Web. 04 Feb. 2013.