What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

October 24, 2018
By teenage_writers BRONZE, Cuttack, Other
teenage_writers BRONZE, Cuttack, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Well, in today's world , its quite easy for people to say that they love a person despite of not even having any sort of emotional attachment with their so called "significant other" . According to wikipedia ,Love encompasses a variety of strong and positive emotional and mental states, ranging from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection and to the simplest pleasure. And according to the dictionary , it simply means "an intense feeling od deep affection" . According to science, love is chemistry , its something which is deined as a powerful and permanent neurogical condition .But I feel that now its the time to re define love , because I belive that that love means is to feel the warmth , care , happiness of a person and act lovingly towards them. To be Honest, after spending a whole lot of of time with couples as a thirdwheeler , I have finally understood and started believing that love should be defined as an enacted emotion.Between human beings , Love is seen in accordance with a relational aspect. We could understand what love really means , if we simply understand the fact that love , like parenting or friendhsip expresses itself in action.

Love is one of the most profound emotions we experience as humans. It’s bigger than us, meaning, though we can invite it into our lives, we do not have the control over the how, when and where love starts to express itself. And speaking of my own experience, you can be struck with a lightning bolt in the chest if you aren't prepared for it.Though there are many different kinds of love to experience, the romantic and affectionate expression of love is what, on some level, we’re all seeking. when we are loved, there is tangible proof. It’s not an abstract thought or feeling, it’s concrete and evidenced.

To me , love is a choice in which you wish to give a person .It when someone else's happiness becomes more important than yours.Love is being patient and kind.Love is when , two souls become one despite of their differences. Love is profound , Love is eternal. And most importantly , Love is when you get a glimpse of heaven in your significant others eyes. I still remember , the first time , I saw him , Yes , I did fall in love and I am not ashamed to accept that we never dated , but the lack of a relationship between didn't stop me from loving him any further , I still fall for him everyday , I love his aura, his nature , his soul and everything little thing he does.  Everyday when I meet him , I find my paradise in his eyes. His voice soothes my mind. In this world of woman fighting for dominance , I still crave for his dominance over me . Because him being in power gives me the strength to be empowered and feel powerful in everything I do. Don't be afraid to fall in love . Love is beautiful . Love is life.


The author's comments:

Well, I chose to write this little article because I'm in love.