Too Young? | Teen Ink

Too Young?

May 20, 2013
By Anonymous

So here it goes.. I don't see why everyone is so eager to jump into relationships. Why do young people feel they're so necessary? Seriously, I'm sure there's more to life than a boyfriend/girlfriend at such a young age. What happened to playing outside with friends and scraping your knee when you fall. When I go out, I see 12 year-olds on mobile phones in clothes made for 18 year olds. Make up slapped onto their faces so you can barely make out the features. Focus on YOUR life for now and make something of it. Still in school and not even achieving half of what you're capable of? Pull yourself together. Some people might be able to handle the best of both worlds, but, if you're not one of those then just back off. Being in a relationship doesn't automatically make you cool- it doesn't make you fit in. Relationships aren't meant to be there for you to 'fit in'; they're there so that two people can cherish the love they have for each other and show the world how much they care for each other. So if you're reading this and thinking twice about your relationship, then I don't think you should be in it at all...


The author's comments:
Just a few thoughts crossing my mind.