Lessons in life | Teen Ink

Lessons in life

By JakeStott15 BRONZE, Coronado, California
JakeStott15 BRONZE, Coronado, California

Nobody had faith untill that night, then the world saw us Glow.
-Jake Stott

In your lifetime, if you are given the opportunity to be “rewarded” with a free breed less kitten, you may want to think twice. In the beginning, you may get some laughs and fun out of it or on the other hand it could turn out psychotic like mine. Last summer, my older sister decided to adopt a kitten off of Craig’s list two months before moving into the dorms for college. As everyone knows, kitties can’t live in dorms, so I was “rewarded” with that free cat. I may warn you to be wise with the word rewarded because this was definitely not something that brought me joy or entertainment.

As the receiver of this free gift you may have to endure listening to her moan all night and then when opening a door, finding the cat running outside to do her thing with the other neighborhood Tom cats. While fun for the cat this brought misery as the result of a very large vet bill to get her fixed. You may be woken up in the middle of the night just to see the white out line of this cat and the dark eyes staring directly at you. Or possibly be exhausted by having to clean everything up that she flusters up by bolting frantically through your house. You may end up having Christmas tree resembling the Charlie Brown Christmas tree because this free cat won’t allow one ornament to remain on the tree. It may bite and scratch every time you try to pet it, it may sit in your sink and not move when you try to brush your teeth and it may walk over your table and food as you try to eat.

It is just my personal opinion that one should be cautioned by the temptation to “reward” themselves with a free kitten. You just may be tricked by gambling with the term free!

My cat that is always bothering me.