Why Aren’t There More Girls in Leadership Roles? | Teen Ink

Why Aren’t There More Girls in Leadership Roles?

By Mino BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut
Mino BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut

Today's day’s women are not considered important because they believe that women don't have strength or power to be a leader. They doubt women's leadership. But even though there are people that doubt women, we see that we have such women that make a difference in the world and do amazing things for their people and world. On certain occasions we have women that defend their community like Black Lives Matter and Latinos Voice - that’s how they show up their leadership by sticking up for other voices. 

There are some people that have gender bias because they think that men's are more dominant and stronger than women. Women's pretend to be more communal, cooperative and helpful. This bias can make it more difficult for women to be considered for leadership roles and can also impact their ability to advance within their organizations. Reason that sometimes we don't have or see a lot of women's in power or in leadership is because of the low level they give to women and they don't really see them as leadership. They see that women are more suited for the house and take care of the children.

Most people care about stereotypes or expectations of women. Women can challenge stereotypes by telling others the cause of the decisions that they make and how that can affect leadership or a whole world.

I'm no longer accepting the things I cannot  change… I'm changing the things I cannot accept!!

forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2023/03/13/five-reasons-why-we-dont-see-more-women-in-leadership-roles/?sh=524bd944574b