Countryside | Teen Ink

Countryside

By botime06 BRONZE, Stella, North Carolina
botime06 BRONZE, Stella, North Carolina

“Talent is a pursued interest. Anything you’re willing to practice, you can do.” -Bob Ross

Along the country road, where whispers sigh,

Underneath a canopy of azure dye,

Dancing wildflowers, with heads held high,

Greet the rosy clouds that paint the sky.

Soft hues of pink, like dreams unfurled,

Drift and twirl, in a celestial swirl,

Their fluffy forms, a canvas swirled,

Mirroring the innocence of a new world.

Trees sway gently, their leaves applaud,

As nature weaves its mystical facade,

The road meanders, a pathway broad,

Through landscapes where dreams are awed.

In this tranquil scene, where time suspends,

The heart finds solace, the soul amends,

On this country road, where beauty ascends,

And every moment, in wonder, transcends.

I'm a current creative writing student at Croatan High School. I've always enjoyed the art of writing, but poetry, specifically, sticks out to me. The freedom of poetry has always appealed to me; there aren't set rules to follow, and I'm so happy that I found myself writing poetry. When I want to strengthen certain emotions I want to feel, I write a poem about them, and the immersion of writing brings me to feel said emotion. In this piece, I wanted to create a sense of pure happiness and show the reminiscence of the memories of going down the roads in the country. There's something beautiful about looking outside a car window as a kid and having the childlike wonder take hold. Imagine all of the different things that are or will be, or just take in all of the scenery. This piece was inspired by a painting that I once saw entitled "Cotton Candy Skies." The painting is full of vibrant colors and a unique sky with pink clouds. As I was looking at this piece, the memories began to swirl around me and take over my soul, making me feel warm. I love that I had to dig deep within myself to imagine all of the memories and put them into words on paper.