Not Enough | Teen Ink

Not Enough

By VerboseFreethinker BRONZE, California, Other
VerboseFreethinker BRONZE, California, Other

Ball is in your court.

That morning was encrusted and sprinkled with snow, slippery slopes on which I was able to trundle , giggle and count my blessing , as my childhood has never been bored to tears , malicious or glum . The sun was jutting out of the wholly-latent clouds , its rays were gleaming on my puerile , young and always-smiling face . Parents have been toiling around the car , as it did not ignite and I was already late for my school . By the way , I have always been the most punctual , work-obsessed and hard-working girl , who had incessant , insatiable hunger for learning new thing by rote , bizarre concepts , zapping my classmates by using my intelligence and standing as the best apprentice . My teachers were always showering praise on me , as from my infancy the desire for learning foreign languages and reading as many as possible books has aroused on the surface and has never left its place . Also , I was orthodox person , who was going on pilgrimage quite frequently and professing the love which God is giving us unconditionally . Acclaim was swirling from even singe corner , from my teachers , grandparents , parents , some mates and me. Yes , I was still praising myself until one day which has revolved my world , halted my visions and left my annihilated and decimated . Just crawl and trawl in my own adversities and tears . My parents have found the solution and we have finally hit the road , nonetheless hectic and nauseous skidding was making my stomach turn .And this day has approached me . Not another quintessential day . Evocative and vengeful .
In my classroom , I was always sitting by the shutter which was overlooking not so far breathtaking views , during autumn and when bogs and slush were everywhere. However , that day was wonderfully sunny and resplendent , as snow slopes were altering their hues rapidly and snow was only creating more and more vast hoards of snow. I tended to admire views during the most tedious and useless subjects . I tended to admire views during school breaks , when whopping commotion and hustle were so boisterous and raucous that my brain was at the point of exploding . I tended to admire these views when my classmates were presiding over each other , bickering over some intricacies , clowning around and doing other ludicrous things . No one has ever bothered during my ‘’trans’’ except one persona. He was off-putting , odious and fetid boy , who was ruling out someone’s desire to be the leader in our class . He was presumptuous and big-headed , his stagnant sweater was making my brown frowned, his vicious smile was making me shudder and his even more venomous words have stung me.Approaching to me , with already impending thought , gracious movements and mouth which was often spitting out the most atrocious things , he uttered : ‘’ You are not good enough . Not attractive enough . Not smart enough .You are meagre ‘’
Freezes out completely , not capable of saying anything at all , I remained unflappable . Presumably , he thought that I was going to dash off classroom in order to summon teacher or my parents , but he has failed . I did not do it . I remained as noiseless as I was before , but with a poignant, gushing wound which was indiscernible for bare eyes . As saying states , that you cannot become a different person after a couple of minutes . In this case , I am an exception .From that day , perfectionism , sinking feeling , his desecrated words were jingling and ringing in my head as rhythmical sequins . Thump, thump , thump. These thumbs have been reiterating for more than 6 years in my head. You are not good enough .