Swimming | Teen Ink

Swimming

By 5jonesm BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5jonesm BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin

S- Splashing and jumping around the waves, reminding me of the old, simpler days. Waking up eager to plug myself into the large body of water. 

W- Wishing that every day could be this easy, just me and the water. The refreshing coldness hugs my skin. The best hug anyone could ask for. 

I- Imagining what it would be like to be a fish who swims the sea every day. Exploring the caves and secret tunnels underground. 

M- My life would feel so simple and easy, gliding through the water as I please. Creating bubble art in the water for entertainment. 

M- Minding my own business, I float on top of the water, letting the sun beam down on me. I close my eyes and picture myself as a fish, going through my everyday life. 

I- If I could picture a perfect world, it would be right here, in the water, with all the wildlife. No sadness, no stress, no drama, nothing except happiness.

N- Nothing is as beautiful as the coral reefs surrounded by colorful fish. This is where I picture myself and this is where I am meant to be. 

G- Glossy waves break at the crest as I walk out of the water. Dreading leaving my home, I remember I could just close my eyes and place myself back in the ocean. In any stressful situation, I find myself taking a minute and closing my eyes. There I am dancing through the water, not a worry in the world. I have truly found my escape, and it’s swimming. 

I wrote an acrostic poem about swimming. Swimming is my escape and this was a great way for me to express it.