Her Aura | Teen Ink

Her Aura

April 4, 2024
By Anonymous

She’s been hurt before so she’s scared to love again.


And shes been lied to, so you could tell her “I love you” countless times and shed still go to sleep wondering.


Wondering if you truly mean it, previous lies disintegrated the trust gene in her mind.


So saying you love her doesn’t mean anything, she needs to constantly see it cause she didnt deserve to be lied to or used.


Have her self esteem shattered or her body and soul bruised, she was thinking “I found the one”, whole time they were thinking “Oh this could be fun”


Now the lover girl in her is on the run, cause the screams her heart let out sounded like they came straight from a scary movie scene.


She’s scared the only place she’ll ever see true love is behind a movie screen.


She was forced to master separating reality from fiction.


Vowing to never again feel her heart ripping.


She loves love but had to learn how to love it from a distance.


She had to learn how to be picky with the love she gives.


And believe actions instead of words cause heartbreak is a different kind of hurt.


It can turn you into a completely different person, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.


So now shes putting herself first, regaining and maintaining her self worth.


Prioritizing her health, her wealth and most importantly, shes prioritizing herself.