Wilmington: The Place to Be | Teen Ink

Wilmington: The Place to Be

By Clairesandusky BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina
Clairesandusky BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina

"You choose how people treat you by what you tolerate."

Looking to move? Wilmington is the place to be! Wilmington is close to the coast and city-centered. Wilmington is a great place to move as an adult because there are lots of events where you can meet people, many different foods to try, plenty of welcoming town residents, and beautiful performances. From historic downtown, to the welcoming sandy beaches of the city, there’s something for everyone in Wilmington, North Carolina.

One reason Wilmington is a fantastic place to move as an adult is that it’s simple and easy to meet new people-- just go to one of the many events happening annually, monthly, weekly, or even daily! Wilmington is a social city, where anyone and everyone is welcoming to newcomers. By looking at online websites or even walking around downtown, you’re bound to find an event that suits your tastes.

Perhaps the most important detail about Wilmington is the food. As well as hosting a plethora of different ethnic foods and local cuisine, it also has a variety of chain restaurants for all your fast food needs. From pizza at Your Pie, to hand-made desserts at Boombalatti’s, to the five star eatery at Circa 1922, Wilmington has everything.

These both demonstrate reasons to live here, but what is Wilmywood famous for? Living in Wilmington means you have the chances to meet one of the celebrity actors who love to film here, and don’t forget the community theatre! Children and adults alike come together to create beautiful productions that will catch your eye and keep you coming back-- such as the recent performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Thalian Hall, which had watchers pulled in to see second and even third shows. The social net of Wilmington spreads even here, with different theatre companies banding together to support each other.

Overall, Wilmington is a city welcoming to all who should care to live there, and all who visit. A beautiful place to vacation or move, Wilmington’s details will leave you enticed, wanting to rejoin the friendly atmosphere. Whether you like to curl up with a book by the sea, or enjoy the booming nightlife, next time you’re moving-- look at Wilmington!

This piece is about why others should move to Wilmington, North Carolina.