BRU Burger Bar | Teen Ink

BRU Burger Bar

By whlacrosse5 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
whlacrosse5 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

If you ever find yourself in the mood for good, quality, comfort food while in Lafayette Indiana, BRU Burger Bar is the place to go. They serve a variety of burgers with just about any combination of condiments and toppings you can imagine, as well as salads good enough to turn people vegetarian. This is all housed within a clean restaurant with a fantastic atmosphere, great food, and amazing service.

There is a very casual bar-like feel, where it seems like everyone is friendly and knows you, however maintains a clean formal atmosphere that makes you want to eat there. You always feel like you can go there to eat in a nice environment, without feeling a need to dress up. It is designed and laid out like a bar, giving it a less formal environment, but it has the cleanliness and decorations of a nice steakhouse. 

This is supported by some of the best burgers I have ever had. They come in servings big enough for a bear, with burgers as big as my fist that are dripping in beautiful red juices that show they are cooked to perfection. The main act of the burger is supported by an ensemble of mushrooms, onions, cheese, lettuce, or whatever you can imagine, topped off by a buttery bun that finishes the show, to create one of the best burgers I have ever had. The only downside is a lack of sides such as fries or chips; however, those would only pale in comparison to the amazing quality of the main course. 

Usually you would expect a burger of this quality to take a while to be prepared, and brought to your table, however here the service was exceptionally fast, coming in almost 15 minutes, leaving little wait as you anticipated the fantastic meal to come. The waiters are almost always hovering around your table, making you feel comfortable and well served. And despite ordering three large burgers, we received them in under 20 minutes even on a fairly crowded night. All of this is only around 10 dollars a burger, so you get a lot more than you pay for.

This is a food review about BRU Burger Bar in Lafayette, Indiana.