McDonald's Review | Teen Ink

McDonald's Review

December 3, 2019
By Anonymous

I am a student at a high school who often times will swing by for fast food restaurants to fulfill my cravings or whenever I need a meal. The The McDonald’s located in Delafield, Wisconsin was typically a restaurant that was perfect for my needs with their all day breakfast that is offered along with a plethora of other choices. Their choices range from assortments of burgers to chicken nuggets that can be paired with sides anything from apples to french fries. Usually, whenever I go to McDonald’s for a quick meal I expect the food to be fast and decent tasting. However, my last experience at McDonald’s has made me rethink if I will ever return there again.


Firstly, the food was cold when I recieved it. Not only was it cold, but the nuggets alone were still freezer burned together. The best part of the meal had to be the smoothie while the rest of it I just threw away in disgust. Knowing that I had paid roughly eight dollars for a meal of that state had motivated me to place my trust into a different fast food company next time.


Secondly, while the food I received was cold and inedible I feel that I did not receive the customer experience that everyone should have. Typically, I have a positive experience with the customer service, and honestly it doesn’t take much to give the consumer a positive experience. This time the service was slower than usual and when I had arrived at the window my experience had only gotten worse. None of the employees had shown a polite tone, furthermore they did not care to my needs nor did they want to deal with me at all as I was rushed out with the inedible food that I bought.


The franchise restaurant has a strong and positive history of success. It prides itself on the billions of people they have served and their cheap menus that leave customers content. McDonald’s was first opened in 1955 with a mastery of the food production line. Initially their food didn’t have the amount of choices it has today, but no less their fast service was a strong attraction to people. The company since then has gone global with unprecedented popularity and hasn’t changed since.


McDonald’s food may not be the healthiest for consumers but the quick service and cheap food is a great attraction. Also, the amount of choices McDonald’s provides lets consumers like me stray a little closer to the healthy side. The inside of the restaurant is sleek, modern and is updated for consumer benefit. Recently they have installed these large wall tablets that are used for self service if you do not want to wait in line.


Therefore, I do not think McDonald’s will be seeing me back in their restaurant due to the poor food and customer experience that I experienced last time. Especially that being due to my last experience. Now, I am glad to be taking my money and time to a restaurant that will value me as a customer, such as the new Chick-fil-a restaurant that will be opening later. If you enjoy a restaurant that typically produces good food with few exceptions and has quick customer service this may just be the right place for you to go.