The most beautiful place on earth | Teen Ink

The most beautiful place on earth

December 2, 2022
By 4cinelli BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4cinelli BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The most beautiful place on earth. Hawaii absolutely amazed me with the mountains above the clouds and blasted me away with its laid-back culture and luau outs. This review isn’t going to have any negatives; except the cost. Airfare can be around $1100 dollars round trip and the price of hotels is extremely expensive and can be almost $800 a night. But the beautiful nature makes up for it. 

Kaanapali beach is as breathtaking as the pictures show. The sand is as soft as a blanket and the water is as clear as a pool. Just at the beach you grab some snorkels and jump in the ocean. When my dad and I went we found a super cool old brown Hawaii surf shirt just 20 feet offshore tangled up in some rocks; which we were able to capture on our GoPro that we had rented from the hotel. 

For things to do in nature just a 10-minute walk to the end of the Kaanapali beach you will be met with a famous cliff jumping spot where you can spend hours climbing and jumping from the rigid rock wall; when you jump in you are also surrounded by sea turtles and other marine life. You could also make the 1h 45min drive to Mt Haleakalā. and see an otherworldly sight of land that is orange, green, black, and full of elevation to hike on. After reaching the top of the mountain and once you begin the hike it feels like you are entering a crater and as you would look across the crater you could see new smaller orange and red mountains appear. Although when we went hiking we were met with some torrential rain that smoked up the entire canyon but made a great story to tell. But that is just one example of beautiful Hawaii nature.

 If you are more into historical sites you can take the 20 min flight to Honolulu to see Pearl Harbor (WWII historical landmark) where history buffs can go to the USS Arizona Memorial for free where you are chartered out by boat to walk around the memorial built on top of the burial area of the USS Arizona. I also walked around the Missouri Battleship. Here you can get a glimpse of the lifestyle soldiers had on those boats; some included tight sleeping quarters and little to no personal space. You can also walk right where the peace treaty was signed with Japan at the end of WWII.

Overall if you can find a way to make it work I would recommend a trip to Hawaii;  it’s a must-see experience that everyone should be able to enjoy in their lifetime.