Should Antonio Pierce Remain the Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders in 2024? | Teen Ink

Should Antonio Pierce Remain the Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders in 2024?

By braydenresch19 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey
braydenresch19 BRONZE, Wyckoff, New Jersey

As the NFL season comes to an end, fan bases all around the world have different opinions on the way their team's season went. One fan base in particular are very passionate about the way their season came to an end. The Las Vegas Raiders are a National Football League team, and compete in a very strong division, the AFC West. Some may say they had a disappointing season after being eliminated from the playoffs in week 17, but the fans and team are certainly optimistic for the future. The Raiders dealt with much adversity this season, after firing their head coach, Josh McDaniels, following a tough loss to the Lions on Monday Night Football dropping them to 3-5 on the season. Expectations were high after Interim Head Coach Antonio Pierce came in to lead the way alongside rookie quarterback, Aidan O’Connell. They had an exciting start to Pierce's coaching career, with back to back wins over the Giants and Jets. Expectations were still low, but there was a lot to like from these 2 games. The Raiders would end up losing their next two games by less than one score, and then would go on to set a franchise record in points, and beat a longtime division rival Kansas City Chiefs on Christmas day. The team would end up being officially eliminated from the playoffs by the Indianapolis Colts in week 17, but fans around the world were still impressed with the job coach Pierce did with the team. Yes, their offense looked shaky from start to finish, but there is hope for the future from some fans for the team to go out and add a new quarterback to steal the show in Vegas. However, the defense was shining on all cylinders once the new regime took over. Las Vegas’ defense ranked first in points allowed per game, and only allowed an average of 16.3 points per game. They also finished first in defensive touchdowns with 4. The defense was tied for first in penalties per game and top ten in both sacks and takeaways. With a little fix to the offense, the Raiders can be a dark horse playoff contender next season. 

A similar situation took place in the 2021 season with the Raiders, after Interim head coach Rich Bisaccia would take over and lead the Raiders to a 10-7 record, eventually landing them a spot in the playoffs. Once the season came to a close, there were some questionable decisions made by the owner of the team, Mark Davis, to bring in Josh McDaniels, a former 6x superbowl champion as the offensive coordinator for the Patriots, who would lead the Raiders to a 6-11 record and a 3-5 record before being fired in his second season. This decision was especially questioned due to the fact that McDaniels was twice hired as a head coach and would quickly fail in both of his opportunities. Fans were furious at the decision, and their feelings turned out to be true as McDaniels would be yet again fired in his second season with the team. With a similar situation happening in Las Vegas, should the Raiders keep Antinio Pierce as their head coach, and once and for all remove the interim tag from his name?

This article is a sports review that is connecting to mostly the fans of the Raiders. They are very passionate about keeping Antonio Pierce and this is a article proving why they should give him a chance