Hero a hurricane rescue | Teen Ink

Hero a hurricane rescue

By Redhotrylee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Redhotrylee BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Believe you can and your halfway there" - Theodore Roosevelt

Just take a second and imagine being in the middle of the woods, no one around, it's just me and my dog. I am in a Hurricane. I can feel the rain pelting my skin. I can hear the cracking of trees falling all around. My best friend is out in the hurricane with his dog and they are nowhere to be found. That is what it felt like for Ben.

I really enjoyed this book. Once I start reading the book I sort of just get hooked on it. There are some dislikes about the book though, I think that the book starts out a little boring but it gets more action after the first part. The author of this book does a great job of explaining things. She is very detailed throughout the whole book. Everything that I read I got this image in my head of what was actually happening.

First, there is Hero, Hero is the main character in this book and he is a police K9. Hero is my favorite character in the book because he is like the best dog you could ever have ad he is very protective and he knows pretty much everything. Then there is Ben he is the friend of Noah and Jack. Ben is a very nice and adventurous person and I like him because he will do anything to help anyone who is in danger. Then there is Noah he isn’t really mentioned in the book except the first part. Also, there is Jack, he is the one who goes missing, he really misses his dad who lives in a whole other town. Jack is very stubborn at times but he is nice. Then there is Ben’s dad he is a police sergeant and is very protective of the town and of his family. There are a lot more characters that are in this book that aren’t like the main characters so they are not listed in this.

This book is very believable even though it is not real this story seems like it could totally real. The author does a really good job of putting in a lot of really descriptive details. The author does a really good job with the imagery so you can picture stuff in your head. I learned that Hurricanes are very dangerous and that you do NOT want to be in the woods while there is one near you. At some of the parts, I felt like I was actually there and was scared something really bad was going to happen to somebody.  For me just reading the book just put me at suspense.