Ropin’ the Wind • Garth Brooks | Teen Ink

Ropin’ the Wind • Garth Brooks MAG

By Bayley_Goplen2019 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Bayley_Goplen2019 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“Music is therapy. It is a communication far more powerful than words, far more immediate, and far more efficient,” said famed violinist Yehudi Menuhin. Garth Brooks released his album “Ropin’ the Wind” in 1991, and it is a true example of Menuhim’s words come true. After selling 17 million copies worldwide, the album was certified 14x platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.

Listening to Garth makes the bad times good and the good times better. If I’m feeling sad, Garth’s songs, such as “The Dance” or “Unanswered Prayers” can lift my spirits. And if I’m in the mood to jam out, I listen to “American Honky-Tonk Bar Association” or “Ain’t Goin’ Down (‘Til the Sun Comes Up).” His music empowers me. The lyrics are moving, breathtaking, and outstanding. Garth’s songs make the listener want to tear up, to sing along at the top of your lungs, songs that make the listener want to have a drink or two, and songs that make the listener want to get in their vehicle and just drive down the back roads of town and blare the radio.

This is why I like Garth Brooks’ album “Ropin’ the Wind” so much. If you haven’t listened to this album, I encourage you to do so.